Thursday, June 7, 2012

It has been quite a while since I have written. Life, children and work have gotten the best of me it seems, but that is no excuse. As I look at what has transpired since my last posting, I realize that the most significant things have been my children coming into their own personalities and challenging the path I had so carefully (in my mind) laid out for them.

My fourteen-year-old daughter has more to say about life than she did at ten. Even my sons have different life choices they are making. When I challenge their views, they often come back with logical responses...making me question my original thoughts. Topics from music to TV to movies to clothes and friends not to mention school are more in their hands than mine. Our wonderful world of technology has made everything so readily accessible to my children. My five-year-old can use my iPad more efficiently than I! It is amazing and scary.

So where to I go from here? I can't change my belief system on what is right, wrong and acceptable, but I can open my eyes, ears and even heart to listen more carefully; to talk more openly; to guide more perceptively.

Children growing up is a fact, but HOW they grow up to be responsible and humane beings is a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to four beautiful children who have taught me more than I believe I have taught them; they have also been the inspiration to the products I have developed to help pregnant and nursing moms.